Sometimes, when users are trying to upgrade to the latest version of the Windows 10 Fall Creator Update, then they may see an error message 0x800F0923 on their screen.
However, this 0x800F0923 error is one of the most common errors on Windows 10; it specifies that a device driver or software which is already installed on your computer system isn’t compatible with many upgrades. Though sometimes it might be difficult to find out exactly which driver or application is causing the problem, generally this type of issue is caused by any third party antivirus, graphics card or due to an older hardware driver on your system.
Below we provide you with a very simple stepwise guide to fix the error code 0x800F0923 as you try to install a new version of the Windows 10 by using Windows Update. The steps are discussed below.
Steps to Fix Error Code 0x800F0923 on Windows 10
There are various ways to solve this issue if one method is not working then try the next one. But always try the methods in ascending order to avoid all the troubles and errors and also make the process easier. Here some different ways to fix the method:
Method-1: Update your Device Driver
- Firstly, launch the Start window.
- Look for the Device Manager and click on the result appears on the screen to open the experience.
- Now, expand the categories and search out the device causing the problem, like Display Adapters etc.
- Then, right-click on the graphics card option.
- After that, click on Update Driver option.
- Next, click on the “Search automatically for updated driver software” option.
Still, if your device is unable to find any new driver, then we suggest you check your computer manufacturer support website once to download the updated driver, and carefully follow their instructions. After completing all steps, once again try to update your system.
Method-2: Disable the Security Software
We are not recommended you to use your computer without an antivirus; generally, this is because some third party solutions or some other security software could cause the error 0x800F0923 as and when you try to install any new or latest version of the Windows 10.
To confirm that your antivirus or any other software won’t interfere with the upgrade process, we advise you to uninstall the software temporarily, and after completing the installation process reinstall it again on your system. Here how you do it:
- Click to launch Settings window.
- Click on the System option.
- Next, click on the Apps & Features tab.
- Then, choose the app which you want to remove temporarily.
- After that, click on the Uninstall button.
Once the steps are completed, now you need to follow the on-screen instructions to finish uninstalling the application from your system. And again repeat the steps if you have any other security software.